In this episode of Secrets of the Cell, biochemist Michael Behe starts by exploring the amazing mechanical gears discovered in planthopper insects that scream “design!,” and then he moves into a discussion of the theory of evolution and what it hopes to explain.
Use the links below to explore more about the issues raised in this episode.
More about Michael Behe
- WEBSITE: MichaelBehe.com
More about Planthopping Insects
- “Mechanical Gears Discovered on Planthopper Insects Provide an Opportunity to Recognize, or Deny, Design”
- “In Bio-Inspired Engineering, De Facto Design Science Flourishes”
- “Masters of Physics in the Living World”
More about Evolution
- Stephen Meyer and Michael Keas, “The Meanings of Evolution”
- ONLINE COURSE: Michael Behe Investigates Evolution and Intelligent Design
- WEBSITE: Darwin Online
- WEBSITE: Alfred Wallace.org