The Gilder Fellows Seminar is an intimate study experience with Discovery Institute Fellows in Seattle, Washington, in July 2020. At the Gilder Fellows Seminar, you’ll have the chance to interact with scholars George Gilder, Michael Medved, Jay Richards, Christopher Rufo, John West, and others.
Through guided lecturers and readings, participants will explore questions such as:
- Is free enterprise still the best system for human flourishing?
- How do we cultivate the “spirit of enterprise”?
- What do cultures need to alleviate poverty and create wealth?
- How should we respond to the resurgence of interest in socialism?
- How does capitalism relate to the Judeo-Christian tradition?
- What makes the information economy unique?
- What are the promises and perils of future technology?
- How do we prepare for a future of smart machines and artificial intelligence?
- What is the future of cryptocurrencies?
July 22-26, 2020
Note: This online application requires that you have a Google/Gmail account. You can create one for free here, or email the seminar coordinator for alternate arrangements. For this and all other questions on the Summer Seminar, contact Jackson Meyer at [email protected].
The application deadline is Friday, May 1. We encourage international students to apply earlier in order to ensure adequate time for the approval of visas and/or passports.
Email Jackson Meyer at [email protected]
Gilder Seminars are highly selective and limited to thirty participants. Applicants must be college students, graduate students, or young professionals under age thirty. Required application materials include (1) a resume/cv, (2) a short statement of your interest in the Seminar and how it relates to your career plans or field of study, and (3) a letter of recommendation from a professor or mentor familiar with your work
Room, Board, and Travel Costs
Students selected for these seminars will be provided with course materials, lodging, and meals. Travel scholarships are available and will be awarded based upon need after acceptance into the program.