- Online Event
16th Annual Discovery Society Insiders Briefing
You are cordially invited to join in the virtual 16th Annual Insiders Briefing on Intelligent Design, to be held on August 8 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Pacific. This is an invitation-only meeting for members of the Discovery Society. The meeting will be conducted via the Zoom platform and there is no cost to participate in the event.
The event includes two main sessions. The first is an update on our ID 3.0 Research Initiative moderated by CSC Director, Stephen C. Meyer and featuring Günter Bechly, Siegfried Scherer, and a third scientist yet to be confirmed. The second main session will be a panel presentation on Reaching Young People with Brian Miller, Melissa Cain Travis, and Hillary Morgan Ferrer. Intermingled with the sessions will be updates on our other initiatives and upcoming projects.
As a bonus, beginning on August 6 and continuing through August 20, those who register for the Insiders Briefing will have exclusive access to a curated selection of Summer Seminar sessions through our DiscoveryU platform. Information on enrolling for those courses will be sent closer to August 6.
This is a one-time opportunity to watch any or all of the following lectures:
- History of Discovery Institute/State of the Debate (John West)
- Research Topics in Astrobiology (Guillermo Gonzalez and Bijan Nemati)
- The Origin of Animal Body Plans as A Case Study in Design Inference (Paul Nelson)
- Applications of Engineering in Biology (Brian Miller)
- Using Engineering Principles to Model Biological Systems (Stuart Burgess)
- A Design-Based Model to Explain the Pattern of Nature (Winston Ewert)
- Ontogenetic Information (Jonathan Wells)
- The Biology of Human Uniqueness (Ann Gauger)
- Darwinism, Business, and Economics (John West)
- Economics, Materialism, and Intelligent Design (Jay Richards)
You are welcome to bring others to your home to participate in the meeting or Summer Seminar Sessions. However, only active members of the Discovery Society will be allowed to register and receive links to attend. Do not share the registration link below, as we will be vetting all registrations. Those who are not members will not be sent a link to participate.
We hope that many will join us for this unique event! Registration is now closed.
Saturday, August 8, 2020
Via the Zoom platform
Registration is now closed.
Contact Kelley Unger at email@example.com or