In this wide-ranging interview released as part of the Science Uprising series, Discovery Institute physicist Brian Miller fields 20 questions about the big bang and evidence for the existence of God.
Be sure to watch Science Uprising EP7, Big Bang: Something From Nothing? featuring Dr. Miller, along with Oxford mathematician John Lennox, and philosopher ofhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeLcRles448 science Stephen C. Meyer. https://youtu.be/m82PmE6oASo.
Catch up with all the episodes of season 1 of Science Uprising, along with more in-depth interviews with the scientists featured, at https://scienceuprising.com/.
Questions addressed by Dr. Miller include:
- What is the big bang theory?
- Why did scientists initially dispute the big bang?
- What did scientists believe before the big bang?
- What models have been proposed to maintain the idea of an eternal universe?
- Why did scientists come to accept the big bang? Who is Georges Lemaitre?
- How did the scientific community receive Lemaitre’s idea?
- How did Edwin Hubble contribute to the big bang theory?
- What is the most compelling evidence for the big bang?
- What does the big bang imply about belief in God?
- Are there current critics of the big bang model?
- Why is an eternal universe so important to atheists?
- Why is the big bang theory still being challenged?
- Did the universe have a beginning?
- What are the arguments against a beginning to the universe?
- What is a singularity? Does the universe need a creator?
- What about the idea of a multiverse?
- Lawrence Krauss thinks the universe possibly came from “nothing.” How would you respond?
- What does Lawrence Krauss mean by nothing?