Criticism and Response for Return of the God Hypothesis
Dr. Meyer’s compelling arguments for intelligent design are not without their detractors, and his latest book Return of the God Hypothesis is no exception! Here we post criticism to the arguments of the book, along with appropriate responses from the intelligent design research community.
Re: Responding to Recent Attempts to Avoid a Cosmic Beginning to the Universe
Regarding “How Could the Big Bang Arise From Nothing?” by Alastair Wilson at The Conversation (January 3, 2022).
- “Another Attempt by an Esteemed Cosmologist to Avoid a Cosmic Beginning Collapses on Inspection” by Brian Miller at Evolution News (January 11, 2022).
- “Paul Steinhardt’s Cyclical Cosmology Fails to Challenge a Cosmic Beginning” by Brian Miller at Evolution News (January 12, 2022).
Re: Darrel Falk and Jim Stump at Biologos
Regarding “Return of the God Hypothesis: A Biologist’s Reflections” by Darrel Falk at Biologos.org (April 16, 2021) and “A Guide to the Stephen Meyer Podcast Episode” by Jim Stump (May 6, 2021).
- “Requesting a (Partial) Retraction from Darrel Falk and BioLogos” by David Klinghoffer at Evolution News (May 28, 2021).
- “Darrel Falk Badly Mischaracterizes RNA World Experiments … and Stephen Meyer” by Brian Miller at Evolution News (May 28, 2021).
- “Darrel Falk’s Volte-Face on the Cambrian Explosion” by Casey Luskin at Evolution News (June 1, 2021).
- “Darrel Falk Downplays the Ramifications of the 2016 Royal Society Meeting” by Brian Miller at Evolution News (June 2, 2021).
- “Revealing Darrel Falk’s Overstatements about Limb Bones in Fish Fins” by Casey Luskin at Evolution News (June 2, 2021).
- “Concluding Thoughts on ‘Gracious Dialogue’ with BioLogos” by David Klinghoffer at Biologos (June 7, 2021).
Commentary at Evolution News
- “The God Hypothesis Versus Atheist Science Denial” by Michael Egnor at Evolution News (April 5, 2021).
- “Did the Origin of Animals Require New Genes?” by Casey Luskin at Evolution News (May 6, 2021).
- “This Is Not Your Father’s Creationism”: Atheist Michael Shermer Meets Stephen Meyer” by David Klinghoffer at Evolution News (June 2, 2021).
Discussion with James Croft on Christian Heritage at Cambridge
- “Moot Points: Does Science Reveal the Mind of God?” with James Croft, Kevin Moss, and Joshua Kellard via Christian Heritage Cam bridge (June 18, 2021).
- “A Philosopher Takes on Meyer’s God Hypothesis” by David Klinghoffer at Evolution News (June 22, 2021).