Discovery Institute seeks qualified applicants for the position of Education & Outreach Coordinator for the Center for Science and Culture (CSC). Under the direction of the Education & Outreach Director, the Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of support for the Director including coordination of education and outreach initiatives of the CSC. Educational activities include a variety of student seminars and events, online learning, and classroom curricula. Other outreach activities include public conferences and events, private research meetings, a volunteer network of Science & Culture Network chapters and book clubs, and partnerships with other allied organizations including churches, schools, campus ministries, and more. Before applying, applicants are encouraged to review the Mission and Programs of Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture.
This position has been filled.
Location | Seattle, WA
- Basic knowledge of the programs and curriculum offered by the CSC
- Bachelor degree, preferably with emphasis in marketing, communications, business, or arelated area
- Experience as administrative or program assistant
- Basic knowledge of event management and travel coordination
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with the public in a professional manner
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Team player with ability to interact with a variety of personalities and skill levels
- Thorough knowledge of the programs and curriculum offered by the CSC
- Two years of experience in customer service related position
- Advanced knowledge of above Microsoft applications
- Working knowledge of Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (or other cloud-based Customer Relationship Management programs)
- Working knowledge of Pardot (or other email marketing programs)
- Working knowledge of WordPress (or other webpage editing programs)
- Working knowledge of Survey Monkey (or other form/survey building programs)
- Working knowledge of Eventbrite (or other event management programs)
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Coordinate the annual Summer Seminars, including marketing, application process, management of online learning content, communication to attendees, travel and hotel arrangements, and more.
- Coordinate annual Faith & Science Conferences, Intelligent Design Education Days, Intelligent Design Action Network Meeting, and other conferences and events, including registration, marketing, travel and hotel arrangements, handling of inquiries, administration of surveys, and more. As needed, may be asked to travel to out-of-state events to oversee check-in, book sales, volunteers, or other logistics.
- Coordinate Science & Culture Network chapters and/or book clubs by handling inquiries, advising on network events, posting events online, and more.
- Manage online learning content at DiscoveryU by supporting users, handling inquiries, promoting resources, uploading content, and more.
- Support the Education & Outreach Director in other initiatives including the development of partnerships with other allied organizations including churches, schools, campus ministries, and more.
- Support the wholesale of books and curriculum, with annual inventory procedures, and other bookstore related duties.
- Support in other tasks or areas as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a junior-level full-time, salaried position and includes paid vacation, a bus pass, and medical and dental insurance. It is based out of our physical office in Seattle and so requires location in the Seattle area. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for the position, please follow the link below to send a resume (or CV) and a cover letter addressing the following:
- Describe why you would like to work for Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture, speaking directly to the mission and programming of the Center.
- Describe the relevant skills and experience you would bring to the position.
- Provide a desired salary range and your earliest available start date.
Center for Science & Culture
208 Columbia Street, Seattle, WA 98104