Have arguments for intelligent design in nature been refuted? Is evidence for modern Darwinian theory so overwhelming that no reasonable person can question it? Has science refuted faith? Scientists and scholars affiliated with the Center for Science and Culture have inspired worldwide discussion on these questions by proposing that we can detect evidence of intelligent design in nature, by critiquing the deficiencies of modern Darwinian theory, and by challenging such abuses of science as “Social Darwinism” and the misguided claim that science is opposed to faith. We value open and honest debate, and we are not offended when people criticize our views. That’s a healthy part of a free society. We only ask that people be open-minded enough to hear what we are saying as well as our critics. Perhaps you’ve read or heard about a criticism of something one of our Fellows has written. If so, we invite you to continue to your investigation by exploring how we have responded.
Below we’ve highlighted some major areas of debate where you might be looking for a response. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, try our article search engine, which will give you access to a database of thousands of additional articles. If you are looking for a response to some claim, chances are you will be able to find it through our article search engine.
- Responses to Criticisms of Irreducible Complexity
- Responses to Criticisms of Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence of Intelligent Design
- Responses to Criticisms of Darwin’s Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design
- Responses to Criticisms of The Edge of Evolution
- Responses to Criticisms of Explore Evolution: The Arguments for and Against Neo-Darwinism
- Responses to Criticisms of Icons of Evolution
Cultural and Public Policy Debates
- Responses to the Kitzmiller v. Dover Intelligent Design Decision
- Responses to False Claims about the “Wedge Document” and Phony Charges of “Theocracy”
- Responses to Criticisms of the Documentary “Expelled”