Position Description, 3/01/21
This position has been filled.
Discovery Institute seeks a full-time Assistant to the Managing and Associate Directors of the Institute’s Center for Science and Culture (CSC) in downtown Seattle, WA. Preferred starting date is May 2021 or earlier.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- general administrative support for the Managing and Associate Directors (e.g., research, scanning, mailing, filing, financial reimbursements and tracking, responding to emails and phone-calls on behalf of the Directors)
- writing and editing (e.g., writing and/or copy-editing articles for Evolution News and/or Mind Matters News; preparing show notes for the Mind Matters News weekly podcast; proof-reading; writing grant proposals and reports; preparing and producing email newsletters; developing content for new websites; writing scripts for short videos)
- project management (e.g., overseeing a video project from beginning to completion)
- special projects (e.g., building out a course website on the DiscoveryU platform)
Required qualifications for this position include:
- excellent writing and editing skills
- a basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and WordPress
- strong administrative and organizational skills, including an ability to focus on details and make sure that things don’t “fall through the cracks”
- an ability to prioritize and be proactive
- an ability to work independently with limited supervision
- a desire to develop and exercise skills in a variety of areas and to work on several projects simultaneously
- a desire to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- a willingness to work in an office in downtown Seattle
- a willingness to be flexible and learn new skills as needed (e.g., Adobe InDesign)
- a knowledge of the debate over intelligent design and evolution
- an enthusiastic commitment to the program and principles of Discovery Institute and its Center for Science and Culture
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position and includes paid vacation, a bus pass, and medical and dental insurance. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Recent college graduates as well as more experienced applicants are invited to apply.
Center for Science & Culture
208 Columbia Street, Seattle, WA 98104