Who We Are
We are a diverse group with the shared belief that human beings and nature are the result of intelligent design rather than blind, undirected, and mindless processes. We believe the natural world manifests evidence of intelligence in its design and this has been detected using the rigorous methods of science. We are a chapter of the Science & Culture Network, a project of Discovery Institute’s Center for Science & Culture.
What We Do
We seek long-term individual and cultural change through education and outreach:
- Helping local faith, private, homeschool, and other communities educate their adult and youth on the science of intelligent design.
- Educating our membership on the important interaction between science, culture, and faith.
- Increasing awareness of the Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture and its leading role in developing and promoting the scientific evidence from nature for design by an intelligent agent.
How We Can Help You
We can assist you by:
- Helping you select and deliver appropriate intelligent design resources to educate the youth and adults in your community.
- Providing continuing education for members of your community who attend our meetings and events.
- Providing speakers and teachers.
What You Can Do
- Request information or help from [email protected].
- Subscribe to our E-Newsletter updates.
- Like us on Facebook to get the latest updates and promote our chapter.
- Attend one of our meetings or events.
- Find out about the summer seminar program sponsored by Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture.
- Make a tax deductible donation.
We meet monthly in various churches across the greater Houston area on a rotating basis. All meetings have a virtual option for attendance. Our meetings typically have two segments: An educational presentation or discussion; and a planning segment to help local Houston communities find the right resources for educating their members. Check out our calendar to find out more about the next meeting.