Top Ten Books
That Influenced C.S Lewis
In 1962, The Christian Century
magazine published C.S. Lewis's
answer to the question, "What books did most to shape your vocational
attitude and your philosophy of life?" Here is C.S. Lewis's list.
1. Phantastes by George MacDonald.
2.The Everlasting Man by G. K. Chesterton.
3. The Aeneid by Virgil.
4. The Temple by George Herbert.
5. The Prelude by William Wordsworth.
6. The Idea of the Holy by Rudolf Otto.
7. The Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius.
8. Life of Samuel Johnson by James Boswell.
9. Descent into Hell by Charles Williams.
10. Theism and Humanism by Arthur James Balfour.
6, 1962 issue of The Christian Century