Explore Evolution: The Arguments For and Against Neo-Darwinism (Textbook and Curriculum)
Explore Evolution: The Arguments For and Against Neo-Darwinism (Hill House Publishers Ltd., Melbourne and London, 2007) is the first biology textbook to present the scientific evidence both for and against key aspects of Darwinian evolution. It promotes inquiry-based learning, encouraging students to participate in the process of discovery, deliberation, and argument that scientists use to form their theories. Co-authored by two state university biology professors, two philosophers of science, and a science curriculum writer, Explore Evolution was peer-reviewed by biology faculty at both state and private universities, teachers with experience in both AP and pre-AP life science courses, and doctoral scientists working for industry and government. The textbook has been pilot-tested in classes at both the secondary school and college levels. For more information, visit the textbook website at www.exploreevolution.com, where you will find the introduction to the textbook, its table of contents, author and publisher information, as well as sample pages from the book.
Explore Evolution is ideally suited for:
- logy teachers who need a stimulating capstone unit for the last 5-6 weeks of their AP course after their students have taken the AP biology test.
- High School General Biology teachers who wish to deepen their own understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of modern evolutionary theory and want to incorporate inquiry-based learning into their teaching of evolution.
- College-level biology instructors who teach freshman or honors General Biology courses or stand-alone courses on evolution.
- Home school teachers who want to provide their students with a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum in the life sciences that stresses critical thinking skills.
- Parents who desire to supplement and enrich their children's school instruction in biological evolution in preparation for college.
- Interested adults who wish to inform themselves about the scientific debates over key aspects of modern evolutionary theory.
|Softbound: $39.95 (plus shipping & handling)|
|Hardbound: $49.95 (plus shipping & handling)||Temporarily Out of Stock|
Multiple Copies (20% discount)
Books may be purchased in increments of 10 for a 20% discount.
|Softbound (10 copies): $319.60 (plus shipping & handling)|
|Hardbound (10 copies): $399.60 (plus shipping & handling)||Temporarily Out of Stock|
If you are a school or institutional bookstore and wish to place a bulk order for textbooks please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Companion Curriculum Materials
If you are a qualified teacher or professor, you can receive the following companion materials free upon the purchase of 10 or more copies of the textbook:
* PowerPoint slide shows keyed to the chapters in the textbook.
* Test bank with test questions.
* Sample lesson plans keyed to the chapters in the textbook.
* DVD clips for use in class.
Once you have adopted the textbook for your class, e-mail email@example.com and you will be sent a verification form to complete. After we have verified your information, you will be sent the companion materials.